The Teaching & Training Unit at the Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, together with the CIHLMU , is offering a wide range of advanced training courses for students, young scientists, health professionals and multipliers in the field of International and Global Health. Some of the training courses are face-to-face seminars in Munich, others take place online or in one of our partner countries. The aim of the courses is to develop competencies and skills for various research-relevant topics in the field of International and Global Health. They cover a wide range of topics, including modern laboratory skills for infectious disease detection, working with geographic information systems, didactic approaches for teaching health professionals, and the fundamentals of today's climate and food crises.
To register for any of our Advanced Modules, please complete the respective registration form under each course.
Please note that the cancellation policy announced under each course applies.
Advanced Modules currently offered
Face-to-face courses that take place in Munich
- Introduction to Health Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Applied Clinical Research
- Global Mental Health in Low- and Middle-Income-Settings
- Current Laboratory Techniques in Infectious Diseases: Molecular Detection and Cloning of Pathogens and Parasitology - discontinued
- Academic Teacher Training for Health Professions
- Global Nutrition
- Research Methods in International Health: An introduction to R
- The Burden of Non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
- Climate Change and Health: Initiating and Leading Transformational Change - discontinued
Face-to-face courses that take place in one of our partner countries
- Public Health Systems - Challenges and Opportunities: The Case of Nepal
- Vector Biology and Control in Ghana
Modules currently being piloted
Learn more about the course content, times and requirements, and receive answers to your individual questions. The next info session will be announced here in due time.
The Teaching and Training Unit (T&TU) would like to offer students from low- and middle-income settings in Germany and worldwide the opportunity to apply for a scholarship to reduce or waive the respective tuition fees, provided that places in the respective Advanced Module are still available. Please note that a decision on such course fee reductions will only be made on an individual basis. Therefore, if you are interested, please send us your CV and a letter of motivation (no longer than 500 words) outlining your current situation and personal motivation for attending one of our Advanced Modules. For further information, feel free to contact our team at the T&TU: email@example.com
In addition to our own Advanced Modules, the tropEd network currently also offers over 160 different courses on various International and Global Health related topics.