This course has been accredited by tropEd Network for Higher Education Institutions in International Health.
Next Dates: February 19 - 23, 2024
Course Language: English
Registration: Registration is open. Please register here.
Registration Deadline: February 04, 2024
Course credits: 3 ECTS
Costs: EUR 600
Location: Tuerkenstrasse 89, 80799 Munich, Germany
CME points will be applied for.
Welcome to the Applied Clinical Research Course!
Whether you are an emerging clinical researcher or a seasoned professional aiming to refine your skills, this course offers a robust foundation coupled with practical insights. With content compiled by Clinical Trial experts, you'll journey through the heart of clinical research, from the earliest design stages to the real-world application of study outcomes. Equip yourself with the expertise and confidence to conduct and manage clinical trials effectively, ensuring that findings are not just statistically significant but also meaningfully impactful. Join us in this insightful exploration, paving your way to become an esteemed contributor in the world of clinical research.
Delve deep into the practical aspects of clinical research with our comprehensive course on Applied Clinical Research. This course provides an extensive overview of clinical studies, emphasizing their designs and the underlying principles of data analysis. Participants will learn the intricacies of protocol development and gain hands-on experience in designing Case Report Forms (CRFs). Dive into the management of clinical studies, grasping the fundamental elements of the clinical trial life cycle, and unravel the broader implications of study outcomes.
Please find here the tentative 2024 course agenda, so you can get a concrete idea of the course content and structure.
Key Content Areas:
- Clinical Study Designs & Fundamentals of Data Analysis: Understand the diverse landscapes of observational and experimental studies and decipher the basics of data interpretation for answering the scientific research questions under investigation.
- Protocol Development: Formulate the research question, define primary study objectives, select an appropriate study design, and consider the required statistical parameters.
- CRF Development: Get equipped with the knowledge and tools to design CRFs that reflect a clear understanding of Clinical Data Management.
- Study Management: Gain insight into the entire clinical trial life cycle, encompassing regulatory and ethical frameworks, timelines, project execution, quality management, and more.
- Study Outcomes & Impact: Discern how clinical trial findings can be pivotal, especially in the context of policy development.
By the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- Develop a Clinical Trial Protocol: This includes formulating research questions, outlining primary study objectives, identifying a suitable study design, and considering key statistical components.
- Design a CRF: Demonstrate a solid grasp of Clinical Data Management by creating a functional and intuitive Case Report Form.
- Discuss Clinical Trial Life Cycle Elements: Understand and converse about the regulatory and ethical frameworks, milestones, project execution strategies, and quality management aspects inherent to clinical research.
- Distinguish Between Study Designs: Differentiate the characteristics of observational studies (like descriptive or cross-sectional studies) from experimental studies (like trials). Basics of power and sample size calculation considerations needed in the protocol or research grant application.
- Utilize Clinical Trial Findings: Extract valuable insights from study outcomes, guiding for example policy development.
If you would like to participate, please register here.
Cancellation policy: For cancellations made before the registration deadline, a non-refundable fee of 100 EUR will be charged. For cancellations made after the registration deadline until the course start, a non-refundable fee of 300 EUR will be charged. In case of no-shows or cancellations from the start of the course, the full course fee will be charged.