Professionalization of medical education is a key factor for sustainable development of health care systems worldwide.
The goals, learning objectives and schedule for the course are developed jointly based on central topics of medical education. The courses are developed based on the faculty training program that has been provided for teaching staff at the medical faculty of Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität since 1998.
The courses are designed to bring together academic staff with an interest in improving their skills as educators and medical educators planning innovations in the field of medical education.
Voices from former participants:
„The ATTC is a gift you can make yourself to become an effective educator.“
Chime Eden, Dermatologist and Lecturer from Bhutan, participant from ATTC 2022
„ ATTC has helped me to re-evaluate myself and become a better teacher.“
Dr. Mekdim from Ethiopia, Surgeon and Assistant Professor, participant from ATTC 2021
„Through ATTC I learned teaching methods adapted to modern technologies and times.“
Dr. Tashi from Bhutan, Anaesthesiologist & Senior Lecturer, participant from ATTC 2021
- Next Dates: 10th February 2023 Kick-Off Meeting I 13th to 17th March 2023 Online Course I 28th July 2023 Symposium
- Duration and Attendance: 7 days Online Course plus self-directed learning phases
- Concept: Blended Learning (via ZOOM, Moodle)
- Grade: Certificate of competence
- Application Deadline: 1st of December 2022
- Course fees 50 euros registration fee, 600 euros tuition fee
- Language: English
Please find the ATTC 2023 Flyer with all relevant information Here
The course aims to initiate an active and participatory learning process by usingactivatingand interactivelearning methodsand concepts.The development of related competencies(e.g. intercultural and softs skills)are supported by tutored small group discussions, group work, group presentations and expert sessions.
In the course, the participants will:
- structure the teaching and learning in large and small classes
- perform curriculum development from learning objectives to assessment methods and teaching and learning activities
- giving and receiving feedback to peers and students in their daily practice
- get aware of requirements for intercultural communication and collaborations
- share professional teaching expertise across different health professions and countries
- use online facilitation tools and techniques to handle the requirements of the pandemic
If you would like to participate, please register here.
For registration please also prepare the following documents:
- Scan of passport
- Support letter from the employer stating full support of the institution (see template)
- A video recording of max. 2 minutes duration containing your self-presentation and motivation to participate
Please transfer the course fee only after receiving a written confirmation about your course participation.
In order to confirm your participation, please transfer the course fees via Paypal:
- Registration fee € 50
- Tuition fee € 600
- Reduced tuition fee € 300
- Academic Teacher Training Course 2022
- Academic Teacher Training Course 2021
- Academic Teacher Training Course 2020
- Academic Teacher Training Course 2019
- Academic Teacher Training Course 2018
- Academic Teacher Training Course 2017
- Academic Teacher Training Course 2016
- Academic Teacher Training Course 2015
- Academic Teacher Training Course 2014
- Academic Teacher Training Course 2010