Next Dates: 17 Apr 2023 — 31 Aug 2023
Target Group: EUGLOH students
Host: Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Registration Deadline: 3rd April 2023 23:59
In this pilot course, students will gain a basic understanding of Global Health.
The course is intended as a blended learning course, including synchronous (4 sessions) and asynchronous units. The module will last for 12 weeks, and is designed for around 90 working hours (3 ECTS), including 30 hours working with online material and meetings and around 60 hours self-study and project work.
In the asynchronous learning consists of 8 units of self-study interactive eLearning with interactive elements on Moodle, The participants will be led through topics including:
• the theoretical foundations of global health,
• the effects of globalisation on health and the burden of disease,
• the different determinants of health,
• ethical issues involved in health,
• strategies to improve global health and
• working in an interdisciplinary environment,
Participants will also see illustrative examples of current Global Health issues.
During the synchronous sessions, participants will meet online via ‘Zoom’ to form groups and then present their group project. The learned content will be reviewed in interactive tasks on Moodle. As a final assignment, participants will work on a group project which they will present in the final synchronous session.
- 17th April 2023 at 16:00 CEST Kick-Off (introducing students to the course) Compulsory (this might change)
- 22nd May 2023 at 16:00 CET Introduction to Group Work (students need to complete the first 4 units to take part in this session and continue with the course) Compulsory (this might change)
- Optional Session to be scheduled by group and tutor in June to check on progress
- 17th July 2023 at 16:00 CET Group presentations Compulsory
- 18th July 2023 at 16:00 CET Group presentations Compulsory
3 ECTS for EUGLOH students*
*students need to confirm with their programme coordinator to make sure this is recognised
Please register here.
In case of questions please contact Ashley Haberman-Lawson email@example.com.