This course has been accredited by tropEd Network for Higher Education Institutions in International Health.
Next Dates: February 27 - March 03, 2023
Course Language: English
Registration Deadline: February 12, 2023
Course credits: 3 ECTS
Costs: EUR 600
Location: Tuerkenstrasse 89, 80799 Munich, Germany
Requirement: knowledge of basic statistics (from Descriptives to simple linear regression)
The Bavarian Medical Chamber accredited the course with 40 CME points.
- Theoretical background on concepts of health geography and spatial epidemiology
- Use of GISs in epidemiology and health care
- Selected quantitative methods used in health geography and spatial epidemiology
- Presentation of spatial distribution of diseases, health determinants, and geographical aspects of health care
- Processing and analysis of self-collected data into a GIS
- Creation and presentation of maps on different health topics
At the end of the module, the participants will be able to:
- critically discuss the relationship between health and geography,
- explain spatial disparities in health,
- apply GPS methods to create maps on health indicators in a given environment,
- apply basic functions of a geographic information system (GIS) for spatial distribution and analysis in epidemiology, and
- discuss underlying problems of the analysis with spatial data.
Registration is currently closed. New course dates for 2024 will be announced in due time.
Cancellation policy: For cancellations made before the registration deadline, a non-refundable fee of 100 EUR will be charged. For cancellations made after the registration deadline until the course start, a non-refundable fee of 300 EUR will be charged. In case of no-shows or cancellations from the start of the course, the full course fee will be charged.