African Medical Education and Research Network – AMEAR.CIH - Center for International Health
AMEAR (2021-2023) is a new project of CIHLMU
, funded by Bayerische Staatskanzlei (Bavarian State Chancellery, Munich, Germany).
The vision of AMEAR is the formation of a network of African researchers in the field of Medical Education. Between other activities CIH.AMEAR provides funds for projects of African CIHLMU alumni and participants of the CIHLMU Ph.D program in 2022.
The Goals of AMEAR are:
- to strengthen the medical and health professional education and research in African Higher Education Institutions
- to demonstrate clinical or community relevance of health professional education
- to foster an inter-institutional and interdisciplinary approach to health related education
Who can apply for the CIH AMEAR Project Funds?
African graduates (alumni) of the following programs may apply for network funds:
- MSc Integrated Clinical and Community Mental Health (MICCMH) at Jimma University
- PhD International Health – Medical Research at LMU
- MSc Health Professions Education (MHPE) at Jimma University
- Projects involving at least two alumni from different institutions are given preference
- Projects involving at least two alumni from different countries in Africa are given preference
- PhD candidates currently matriculated at LMU in International Health-Medical Research may apply
- The number of applications per institution is not limited.
Only activities that can be completed before August 31st, 2023 will be considered eligible. Therefore, it must be feasible to conduct the project within this period. All funds must be spent before this date, and legal invoices must be made available to the administrator on 30th of September 2023.
- Grant Writing Workshop: 7th July 2022
- Submission Deadline: 19th of July 2022 24:00h EAT to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Announcement of selected proposals 12th August 2022
- Submission of proposals after revision deadline 4th September 2022
- Announcement of selected proposals after revision 20th of September 2022
- Project period until 31st of August 2023
- Final Written Report latest until 30th of September 2023
- Project presentation at AMEAR Congress: End of October 2023 (Project Presentation to Bavarian state chancellery)
Call for Proposals:
Please find further details in the AMEAR CIH Network Funds - Call for Proposals 2022-2
For more information, please contact email@example.com