African Medical Education and Research Network – AMEAR.CIH - Center for International Health
AMEAR (2021-2024) is a project of CIHLMU
, funded by Bayerische Staatskanzlei (Bavarian State Chancellery, Munich, Germany).
The vision of AMEAR is the formation of a network of African researchers in the field of Medical Education. Between other activities CIH.AMEAR provides funds for projects of African CIHLMU alumni from different study programs and other groups (see below).
The Goals of AMEAR are:
- to strengthen the medical and health professional education and research in African Higher Education Institutions
- to demonstrate clinical or community relevance of health professional education
- to foster an inter-institutional and interdisciplinary approach to health related education
Who can apply for the CIH AMEAR Project Funds?
African graduates (alumni) of the following programs may apply for funds:
· MSc Health Professions Education (MHPE) at Jimma University and Addis Ababa University;
· MSc Integrated Clinical and Community Mental Health (MICCMH) at Jimma University;
· PhD International Health – Medical Research at LMU;
· FAIMER fellows from African countries;
· Scholars who have served in the past as facilitators to the MHPE at Jimma University
Only activities that can be completed before August 31st, 2024 will be considered eligible. Therefore, it must be feasible to conduct the project within this period. All funds must be spent before this date, and legal invoices must be made available to the administrator on 30th of September 2024.
Grant Writing Workshop: 22th May 2023 – 14:00-16:00 EAT
Submission Deadline: 11th June 2023 23:59 CEST
Announcement of selected proposals: 10th July 2023
Submission deadline of proposals after revision: 23th July 2023
Announcement of selected proposals after revision: 10th August 2023
Project period until 31 August 2024
Final Written Report until 30 September 2024
Project presentation at AMEAR Congress End of October 2024 (Project Presentation to Bavarian State Chancellery)
Call for Proposals:
Please find further details in the AMEAR CIH Network Funds - Call for Proposals 2023-4
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org